Biannually the Senior Classes at Pukenui School experience Education Outside the Classroom with a camp to Raglan.
· Provide opportunities to see peers in new roles.
· Encourage friend making.
· Foster cooperation and democratic decision making.
· Open pathways of communication between staff and students.
· Recognise the advantage of working together to complete tasks.
· To learn to live with other people during a 2 night 3 day experience.
· Increase understanding of themselves.
· Assess strengths and weaknesses.
· Clarify personal values.
· To gain self-confidence.
· Develop understanding of the implications of one’s actions.
· Encourage an attitude of sportsmanship.
· Foster participation and achievement in recreational activities.
· Increase learning and enjoyment of recreational activities.